18 July 2010

rotary-meeting and more...

SO... Yesterday we were very busy.

Slept till 11 o'clock, had breakfast and then auntie, Janhavi and I we over to the place where I will be doing Yoga... I was shocked by the prices! (Rs 500 for one hour, 5 times a week for 3 months) And I felt bad just thinking about how much we had payed for our yoga class in Denmark.

After this, we went to meet the sir. who will be teaching these classes. Then we went and had a cup of south Indian coffee with some friends of auntie.

When we came home, we had one and a half hour to change into the clothes we wanted to wear to the rotary meeting. I, of course, wore my blazer... by the way, how come the danish RYE-symbol on the blazer sais: Danmark, Rotary Youth Exchange???

well... The rotary meeting was a lot different than the ones I have seen in Denmark, so many speakers with so many causes they all support. Im very happy that I have come to such an active club... We started out by having a light indian dinner, then the national anthem were sung and then the actual meeting had started... I gave a small improvised speech, telling everybody why I was here and how grateful I am to be here. I met all my host families and were invited to like a million dinners and lunches (Im not going to starve while Im here, thats for sure!)

1 comment:

  1. Ej, hvor lyder det dejligt! Det er godt at høre at du har det godt og er glad, får mig til at glæde mig endnu mere til at komme af sted :) Indien lyder amazing!

    ReplyDelete