15 July 2010

Mumbai trains and my college


So today Janhavi and uncle wanted to show me how I am supposed to travel by train. We went by rickshaw to the station and already then, it looked very crowded. But once we got into the ladies-compartment and sat down, it actually wasn't as bad as I had pictured. There were many people and lots of pushing, and it was nice to finally arrive at Churchgate... Then Janhavi and me walked to Jai hind college where we were to take my admissions, but it had just opened today, and the madam said that the 11th grade (in wich I will be going) didn't start untill the 20th of august, so I have plenty of tim to chill and get to know the city...

One thing that worries me, is the lack of aircon at the college... It was extremely hot, and I was sweating like a pig all the time we were in there, wonder if ill ever get used to the temperatures ?!

The janhavi and I met up with uncle, and we went to the waterfront, nice view! We all had coconut-water in the roadside, it was really refreshing in the otherwise exhausting heat (a man took a fresh, green coconut, cut a hole in the top, and put in a straw. So delicious!)

We went for some great wok-food and then home just in time for pakoras, popped rice and masala tea !

No comments:

Post a Comment