9 April 2011

One month and 26 days...

Now we're almost halfway through april, and i'm returning to Denmark on the 5th of june. I feel really weird about it... On one hand i'm really excited to go back to my friends and family and returning to my "normal" life. On the other hand i still feel like i belong in Mumbai, it's an odd feeling and it didn't really come before sometime in december, but now i actually feel like a part of this city, i'm not like an alien on a strange planet anymore - this is my home too!

My friends here are the best! and it's very hard to imagine that one of them, Beatriz, is going back to Brazil in only one month. It really made me realize how it's all coming to an end, and frankly i don't like that thought!

It's funny actually, in the beginning, the first two months especially, i felt like time was passing in slow motion and i really thought that a year would feel like a lifetime. Let's just say it snuck up on me. This morning i woke up and almost started panicking because i started thinking of this wonderful and fantastic year coming to an end.

Dont get me wrong, i miss my danish family and my danish friends and i am so excited to see them all again. My friends here, Riina and Beatriz especially, i hope to stay in touch with for the rest of my life. I want the magic of this year to continue forever.

Deep down i know that you cannot "have your cake and eat it too". But i really wish i could!

No comments:

Post a Comment