20 April 2011

मराठी बाणा (Marathi Bana)

On friday the 15th, my rotary club (RC of Mumbai West Coast) was hosting a fundraiser for 5 villages they adopted in Karjat and two other places. They were having a huge dance/play set up - मराठी बाणा - a quite famous musical showing the best of maharashtran culture. More than 150 artists were on stage and it was a marvelous show! Riina, Finland, and Beatriz, Brazil, had come with me and my family there, and we were all dressed up in saris (not the traditional maharashtran 9-yard saris though) and I wore my new Indian jewelry. We really enjoyed the show the dancing and singing was good - but the long monologues in marathi weren't exactly easy to comprehend. In the intermission we had a billion samosas - yum!


A great evening, and a lot of money were collected - for a very good cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment