18 February 2011

Im actually active :O

For those of you who knew before I left Denmark, you know how inactive, lazy and bad at sports I am. But after 8 months and 7kg's (OMG!) in India, I decided to do something... I had been regularly going to my yogaclasses at the institute in Santacruz, and I think that is the main reason why I haven't gained more than 7 kilos, but still I felt like I didn't do enough! So when I moved back in with my first host family (now for the third time - yes, my hostfamily history is a complete mess, I've been moving back and forwards a gazillion times) I was talking to my hostmom, Shaila, and She came up with the idea of doing poweryoga. So she took me to her gym and got me signed up and all (on my first day back in their house!!!) and the next day I was there at 7.30 a.m. to do poweryoga, a tougher kind of yoga - the western interpretation of the indian Astanga Yoga - Basically its more of movements and it really builds your muscles while working on flexibility and cardio at the same time... Now that Im a member of the gym I also decided to try out some of the other lessons, so when I saw that they also had aerobics I was so excited, I was imagining a room full of indian 'Jane Fonda's' jumping around to the sound of the loud tecno music that is always playing in this gym. So I went there and took part in one of the classes and it was hilarious! I relly enjoyed it, it didn't feel like working out at all, it was just like dancing around, but the sore muscles afterwards were the proof of the intense workout I had done without even noticing! And about the other participants - there was a couple of ladies in leggings, and one of them actually was wearing legwarmers - It was just great! So now Im active, Im doing somehting to try and shed some of the added weight before I go home - though its difficult to try to hard now that im back in the Marwadi family, everyone knows how fond of Ghee and Mithai these poeple are, I had been here for 2 days before we made Pakoras (fried onions and fried lentils served with chutney and ketchup) and I love those so much, so I guess loosing weight might be too much to ask for, but atleast getting back into shape a bit, and aim to atleast not gain any more before my return - I think that is what ought to be my goal... At least Im doing 'something'...

No comments:

Post a Comment