13 February 2011

I would like to start off by saying sorry. It has been more than a month since my last blogpost, and its really a shame because I have experienced so much in the last 4 weeks! But a couple of days ago I read somewhere that the more you experience and enjoy the less time you have to post stuff on your blog and Facebook (cant stop Facebook though - Im kinda addicted!). So just take it as a great sign - no news is good news - as the old danish saying goes.



And I can (for once) actually say that during january I was very busy! Every afternoon all us inbounds of district 3140 would meet at the Rotary Service Centre in Juhu for dance practice before the big district conference. We were performing 3 dances; maharashtran Koli dance, the Bamboo dance from Nagaland and a Bollywood dance to the song Jor ka Jathka - I was a part of the two traditional performances (the two first). We worked long and hard, and getting through all the practices was quite the roller coaster ride, but we got through it, and the outcome was fantastic!

The DISCON went smooth, the costumes were amazing and on top of it all, we were offered to come dance on television - a show called Dhina Dhin Dha on the channel Doordarshan. We also had a very fun day at the studios shooting the show, and we all very much enjoyed getting our makeup done and our saris pinned up by pro's!

In january another big thing happened for me - I had a visit from Denmark! My parent and my younger brother had come to visit me and see the city which i have grown such a liking to... On their first day here I took them by local trains, and it was so exciting to see how they reacted to everything exactly like i used to do in my first couple of weeks here. It was a bit stressful being a local tour guide showing them around in the morning, then rushing to Juhu in the afternoon for my daily dance practise and taking them for countless dinners every evening (club president, all host families, host counsellor, district counsellor and so on...) but I really enjoyed having them around! And when we jumped on an airplane headed to Goa all was forgotten and the ultimate state of relaxation took over again. I really loved having them here, and I must admit that saying goodbye at the airport was difficult, but it was worth it!




Cows on a goan beach











My hostmom was so great! She took us to the Pagoda and even went with us to the Crawford market because my parents was loving the indian food and wanted to bring home spices.




Then in february I, along with 5 oher exchangestudents, went to a corporate ryla organised by Rotaryclub of Deonar. It was held at Alibaug beach. It was a great experience, and very well organised. We had to drive for 3 hours in a bus to get there and I must admit that I was kinda bummed out when I found out that it was only 12 minutes by ferry from gateway of India...The food wasn't exactly the best I've had during my stay, so I got through mainly by chapati's, chai and my favourite biscuit Parle-G... I was the COO of my group (kinda like deputy ceo or something like that) and I won the award for best coo and on top of that I was the runner up - one vote from winning - the title of miss popular of the ryla-camp! It was a good experience, infinately better than the first ryla I attended!


Me and my group presenting our marketing pitch at the Ryla

No comments:

Post a Comment